Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My $15 settee

I bought this cute little settee and a yard sale last October. The previous owners were using it as a dog bed. So after I did my best to clean it up, it was time for new life! 
(some of these photos were taken with my phone so the color is off a bit)
I used chalk paint for the wood, and painters canvas from Lowes for the fabric.
Ready....here we go



I started by chalk painting all the exposed wood. After that, I scuffed the edges a bit with a sanding block and then I used the Annie Sloan clear wax to seal it. The Annie Sloan line is my new favorite stuff! It TOTALLY rocks for all things furniture!

  Once the wood was all finished I started on the fabric. I was not going to pull all the fabric completely off...It was just easier to cover it with two layers of the canvas. Once I had all the fabric stapled on and edges trimmed off, I then hot glued some trim to cover all of the staples. 
And this is what the finished edges look like. 
She cleaned up nice!
Before...

and AFTER










Supplies Used-

$15 Settee
$5 Lowes Canvas
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
& Wax (leftovers)
 $5 trim from Walmart
Staple Gun

Total cost for a new Settee for my office. . . $25

I forgot to take a before picture of this little table,
but I painted it at the same time with the last of the chalk paint. =)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a steal! I'm a huge fan of painter's canvas. If you wash it a few time with fabric softener, it looks almost like linen, but much more have duty. You did a fabulous job. I really want to try Chalk Paint, but the price scares me.

    ReplyDelete