Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Paper & a Deck of Cards

I saw this wonderful idea for a Valentines day gift on Pinterest called "52 reason why I love you". Using a deck of cards you put one reason on each card. But it was just words. I am such a visual person that words alone were WAY to boring for me. So beginning in January I started gathering ideas of what I wanted to use to help illustrate each of the 52 reasons why I loved GT. But as usual, time FLEW by and other projects took priority. ie. . .100 days of school, Valentine boxes for kids, Sonja coming for my birthday, MY Birthday....you get the picture. 
So ON VALENTINES day morning I got up and brushed my teeth went downstairs and got coffee, and started what I thought would take me 3 or 4 hrs to assemble. 
Kids got home from school and I was only on #25
GT came home from work around 8:30 and I still had 4 more to finish. . .
13 hrs later I was finally done.

I gave it to GT unwrapped and with out much explanation, except that I was still in my PJs because I was thinking of him ALL DAY long while making his gift! 
As he started going through each card and tears were rolling down his face, I knew he did not really care that nothing else had been done that day.  And I no longer feel guilty that I was a mess. 
Here is the finished project. And if your counting. . .there are several I left out. Some were just inside jokes that would not have made sense, and some that were just personal.























































 Its amazing what you can make with just Paper and a Deck of cards!

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute Malinda. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing the joy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a well rounded deck - your life looks full and happy...and joyful. Your book of cards shows much love...such a good sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete