Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011


Art Therapy


In an effort to “keep it real”

let me just say. . . . . some days I could use a 

therapist on speed dial!

 And lately it seems like I am having

 more of these days than not. 

So I decided it was time

 for a new kind of therapy. One that

 required much less talking, and just more 

being. And truthfully, the three days I 

was working on these pieces were 


so very calming.

This first one I did on canvas. I knew I needed to just get my brain into creative mode so I got on pinterest and found a few quotes I liked and a basic idea of what I wanted. Then I just got on the computer and printed out the lettering I knew I wanted to use.
This font is called rage, and I loved it! This is what it looked like printed out - Y O U
Then I just started sketching it in pencil and filled it in with paint. 



After I had filled everything in, I just used a fine point sharpie for the outline.



I love how it turned out!
The second one was something I made for Tyler. I found a saying that I knew was perfect!
But I did not want to use canvas. So I ripped apart a crate I was not using and recreated this wood panel. Then I printed again from the computer the words I wanted to use and just freehand painted them on. But this one proved to be very tricky……
the wood is not smooth like the canvas, so it was really hard to get a fluid line.

I still loved how this one turned out too.



But more important, so did Tyler!


No comments:

Post a Comment