Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

{ sChOoL.....at last!!! }

Well its official...the children started school this morning at the bright hour of o'dark 45 (6:45)!



Which would explain why a couple of my pictures are out of focus. My eyes were still trying to adjust to being open!  The school is about 50 yards away from our house. Just a 5 min walk through what looks like the jungle. The school is half day English, half day Spanish and the required third language is French. Which means that all three kids are required to take French, English and Spanish and speak all three by the end of the year. So they will be able to talk about me right in front of me and I will never know what they are saying! I will have a lot of catching up to do because I will also be the only person in our family who is not fluent in Espanol. Yikes!!

I have never seen my children so excited to be in school. (No seriously, they were all out of bed and dressed by like 5:45)

It was a financial stretch, but we are confident God will provide a way.

Austin tested into first grade. Yup he skipped Kindergarten. They do school a bit different here.  It starts with Kindergarten 1, 2 & 3. Then Primary grades 1-6.

Sabrina is in Primary 5.  And Junior High (7th 8th and 9th) is Secondary 1, 2 & 3. So Tyler is in Secondary 1. Then High school is considered Preparatory for College so its 1st Prep, 2nd  Prep and 3rd Prep. This school does not do Preparatory so Samantha will be at another school. She did not start today because she still has some testing to do on Monday.  We thought homeschool was gonna be the way we were gonna go, but nothing was working. ANd the kids were really wanting to meet friends. I am excited to have some time to my own thoughts again! You can bet there will be many more posts to come. I have a smidge more time on my hands now. =)

2 comments:

  1. Love those pictures. The children look excited and ready for the adventure.
    We tried to call, send 4 emails, sent birthday card via email. We need new phone contact, skye # and email if it has changed.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete