Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

My Baby girl is growing up!

Yesterday my little girl turned 15. I know, not so little anymore. 
I can remember when she was 5, and Tyler was 3, and Sabrina was 1.  
I thought I would never make it through the day! 
Just keeping the house together and the kids clean and making meals and doing laundry etc. was such a challenge. And I remember people telling me to enjoy every minute, because before I knew it those days would be over and she would be all grown up. 
I did not believe them. 
But that day has come. 
I wanted to do a tribute with pictures on the blog, but all my pictures from when she was a little girl are back in Utah in storage. So I opted for pictures of how we spent our day instead. 

The first thing she wanted to do was see a movie at a theater in Cancun we have heard a lot about.


Mexico really knows how to do movies!!!

Yes those are recliners!  And they have waiters to take your order and then bring it to you.


All the kids were thrilled to enjoy a movie with her.
You will never guess what she asked for next....an ear piercing!
And she wanted ME to get a matching one!
Well there is not a Clairs or anyplace we could find to do a simple ear piercing. And we walked every corner of the mall. So we did the next best thing...
We found a tattoo parlor. Hey it works.
And she didn't mind as long as they did the job right.


He is ready Sam, are you sure this is what you want?

And after a moment of contemplation....Oh ya, this is what she wanted.
So he marked the spot...


And in the needle went...YES I said needle. No little gun with an earing here.
And in it went. 
That would be a tube sticking in her ear at the moment. It works like an IV
Then they thread the earing into the tube and voila!





She was so thrilled!

I was however, not so thrilled. I was next...


Right now I am wondering why I ever agreed to do this...
OK..just looking at the needle makes me queasy again....
Is it too late to change my mind?
THIS HURTS!!!
                                   But her smile afterward made it all worth it in the end. =)
And now we are off to have dessert at Chili's







{they were doing the mexican version of the Happy Birthday song}

And now that we had all been entertained, tortured, and nourished it was time to SHOP! 
YAY...we finally get to the good stuff

Sam... "How do I look Dad?"
GT... "Perfect...now go buy it so we can go"
Shopping with Men always takes the wind out of your sails...
She did manage to score some sunglasses before we left though too!

It was a perfect ending to a perfect day!
Happy Birthday my darling daughter.
I LuV U!

No comments:

Post a Comment