Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive” Sir Walter Scott

I guess "True Confessions Monday" is not quite finished, cause here I go again. 


I have been laying awake wrestling with an issue. And to be honest, I have been wrestling with my anger. You see, since we have moved to Mexico we have been lied to, promised things, stolen from, and tonight...lied to again! So I was feeling very justified in my anger as I was trying to think of one reason why I should not go to this persons house and put up a sign that says "a liar lives here!!"



And then I started to pray that God would show me my own heart and help me forgive him and others who have wronged us since we have been here. An incredible thing happened...I came to realize we are all liars!


lie

 : noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
–noun
1.
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2.
something intended or serving to convey a false impression;imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3.
an inaccurate or false statement.
4.
the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at hisaccusers.
–verb (used without object)
5.
to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
6.
to express what is false; convey a false impression.


I have pretended to be Santa Clause & the Tooth Fairy.
I have told my girlfriend I loved her hair, even though I thought it looked terrible.
 I have exaggerated many a story. 
I have told my husband something cost less than it actually did.
I have told people that I am GREAT, when I am actually crying inside.
I have lied to myself and told myself I am worthless because there
are some who reject me.

And the worst lie of all, I have lied to myself and told myself I am better than another,
when the truth is I am a sinner one in the same!

I have done all of the above, and many more.
So who am I to judge or be angry at another for doing the same things I have done?
The Truth is...God loves me so much that He died for me. A liar

1 John 1:5-10
 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.


 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, 
we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.



So tonight, I will extend grace to another, knowing I have done the same. And I will thank God for His faithfulness in forgiving my sins. I guess this is one of those times when the Holy Spirit does not always feel "good", when he is convicting us of our own sin filled hearts.  

I would say... I will try to keep any more true confessions to myself...but then that would just be a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment