Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Digital Nightmare!!!

For anyone who takes digital pictures, let me give a tiny word of advice.
But first a little background. I am not very good at journaling in words my life or my childrens. I am however GREAT at having a camera with me at nearly every moment. (I carry one in my purse at all times) So you can imagine how many images I have immassed over the years.
Well last week I was trying to get to some of my pictures off the external hard drive and there was nothing on it. This particular hard drive had about 5,000 pictures covering everything over the last 3 years. I called our network tech, he told me if the drive is swiped you cannot get it back.
I left work just floored!! I could barely drive home I was crying so hard. I have never lost a child, but in case of a fire the order of importance is children first, pictures next! So this was pretty much total devastation for me........Well like the angel of a husband he is, GT closed his offfice door and got on the floor and prayed for how he could best help to comfort me.
Later that night a friend came over to use my computer, and I just thought I would look one more time to make sure they were really gone. And PRAISE the LORD.... they were ALL there. So the moral of the story...Always have a back-up of every digital picture you take.

No comments:

Post a Comment