Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog...

This is the question I have been asking myself for sometime. Let me explain why...
When I was first introduced to blogging I was very disheartened by what I was reading. There was so much fluff and circumstance and no real life.
Life is very messy and most of the time its hard not to get a little dirty in the process. Where was the real depth and reality? Please do not get me wrong, I love hearing about the happy, feel good, hallmark moments of every ones life but where was the raw truth?
I know for myself that the times in my life I have learned the greatest of life's lessons, (and God's) is when my life has gotten truly messy and painful. Which brings me to why I have decided to start blogging.
My life has been a roller coaster of pain and joy over the last year and so many of our family and friends do not know what is going on in our life because GT and I have been consumed with keeping our head above water. But I believe we may be starting to float, so I have a couple of minutes left in the day. A caution to anyone who thinks this blog may involve only fluff.....It won't. So if you are not up for the ride, I strongly suggest you take the next exit.
If however you would like to come along with us and watch our very raw and messy life unfold right before your eyes, well then welcome aboard.
And please keep your seat belt fastened until the ride comes to a complete and full stop!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you started a blog, I only wish more of the family would. I hardly ever get to see anyones kids and have no idea what is going on in anyone's life but hey I have learned to accept what we get way out here. Many of my friends have blogs and it's a great way to keep in touch, plus it's so much fun and it's like a journal for my kids. I'm not much of a scrap booker so this is the best I can do at the time being with the time I have. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cousin!! It's me Natalie Hatch(was Wilson)from HOT AZ. I am so excited that you have a blog. It's so cute and your kids are darling. You always make things look cute. You have such a gift and talent. Thanks for sharing it with me and my sister last summer when we came and took a million pictures of your house. It is so cute. Well I just got a blog started myself. I still need to learn on how to make it cute. It's www.hairbynat.blogspot.com you can check it out anytime. I know that life isn't peaches and cream all the time but just hang in there. It's all going to be ok in the end. Just remember to never give up on the one who knows and loves you the most. Your Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete