Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Scoop!




Life as we once knew it was over!

Last year we learned, rather harshly, that the person who was doing all of the accounting for GT AUTO was not doing a very good job of accounting. We think that it will likely take us a good 2 years to make up what was lost in 1.


So at the middle of Dec. last year I put my 2 yr. old baby in day care and started back to work full time at GT Auto. AS THE NEW ACCOUNTANT!!


For those of you who may not know, I took Algebra 3x before I could pass. I can barely balance a checkbook, and GT wants me to read a Balance sheet and understand a General Ledger. I have never taken an accounting course even in 3 years of college, which I now regret. But GT assured me he had faith in me. I however had faith elsewhere. I do not think I have ever cried so much in my life as I did those first few mos. Nor have I ever prayed so hard. And in those first few months I know I did not make it through at least 1 day without both.


So fast forward to today. I still work full time, but I have someone who comes to the house every morning until I get home each afternoon. I do still pray every day for help understanding the job, but I make it most days without the tears. If you were to ask me if I was angry at the accountant whom shall remain nameless, who's actions turned my life upside down, sent my children's mother out of the home, gave my husband a bleeding ulcer, and almost put us into the street. My answer would be NO. Because I have learned through someones actions not my own, that I had some stretching to do. And this lesson could have only been taught by the master.

No comments:

Post a Comment