Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Its Christmas. . . ALREADY?

I can tell you how fast this year has gone for me, but when my kids are telling me that they cannot believe its Christmas already. . .thats when I know it really has been on fast forward!
This year has been a gift in so many ways. Change is never easy. But if nothing ever changed, we would all still be pooping in our diapers like big babies!
The funny thing is. . . when we are kids we LOVE change. 
We count down the days until we can date, drive, wear a bra and grow up! 
But something happens as we get older. 
We stop embracing change and we learn to welcome the comfortable, familiar, secure, stagnant. 
I have learned so much in this one short year
Growing up often has many growing pains, but the maturity that follows is priceless
No matter your age, life will never stop changing
My security or comfort will never come from life or people
My TRUE security and comfort can only be found in a God who NEVER CHANGES
 God is the only thing I will ever know that is steady and secure. . .





In the beginning was the Word,


and the Word was with God,


and the Word was God,


The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.



We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, 
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ~  John 1


It is because of this that we celebrate. So Merry Christmas
and may you have a blessed year to come


No comments:

Post a Comment