Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes ~ with a twist!

Its that time of year that everyone is busy shopping & baking & shopping & crafting & more shopping and just plain BUSY! So I love when I can find something fun to do with the kids that seems to slow down some of the busyness that this season tends to bring. 

Enter Cupcake Christmas trees!

I saw the idea on pinterest {of course}and I WAS going to post the link, but it has vanished.
 I searched my entire history and cannot find it now :/

But here are the things we used..
Cake mix (any flavor)
icing
sugar cones
aluminum foil
bunt pan
cupcake liners
sprinkles


Use two layers of foil and poke the cones through both layers 


Fill the cones about halfway. I overfilled some of them and they were still fine, but you just have to cut off the excess cake later.



After they had cooled a bit I cut off the rounded tops {and fed them to nearby children}



Once they have cooled completely you cover the cone with a thin layer of icing 


Then you can just roll them in the sprinkles and place them upright in a cupcake liner


and no project would be complete without
my handy dandy crafting/sewing/baking/creative genius sidekick Sabrina!
[she is almost as yummy as these cupcakes]





These were so much fun. And quite tasty I might add. The kids were only disappointed that they did not get to eat them all! But all the salesmen at GT's store sure did not mind. 


Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment