Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

{Rainbow promises}



I thought I may have lost my mind when I went running outside in the rain with my Canon 7D, but I was so enthralled and just completely taken back with the beauty of this rainbow I could not help myself. 

I have never before seen a rainbow this BIG, 
not to mention 2 this BIG!

It had been raining for the last 3 days and there was flooding about 2 hrs away. And as I stared in amazement at this beautiful display I was reminded of the promise that rainbows represent. The promise from God that the earth will never again be covered in a flood. And God called it HIS rainbow. 

When you witness such incredible displays of Gods handiwork do you ever hear God speak to you? I know I do. And I did that day as well. Do you mind if I share?

When I read the Bible and look at the stories of all the characters I do not see lives free from pain or suffering or trials of many kinds. The Bible is filled with pain and suffering. But it is also filled with a loving God who brings redemption and restoration, who rescues and restores what has been lost. 

And this rainbow, 

on this evening, 

was God speaking to me.

 Telling me that the life we had once known, 
the life which is no longer, the dreams destroyed and familiar comforts gone - 
that God is NOW starting to repair and restore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment