Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ummm...there are just no words!

WARNING - this post may contain content not appropriate for children or those with a weak stomach!!


OK- so this week I was faced with something I have never, in 15 years of being a mom, have EVER had to deal with. And I thought I just may run away or crawl out of my skin...but then it would have come with me.


 LICE! yes I said Lice..

I cannot ever remember having lice as a child, so I had no idea what the symptoms were. My head was itching like non-stop. So I went to a salon and asked what you use for an itchy scalp. I thought it might be from sweating that my scalp was not used to. GT kept checking to see if I had broken out in a rash or had dandruff or something. He never found lice. 


Leave it to Tyler to come home from school and tell me he thinks he has lice. 
So I say...WHAT?  How do you know?  
He says "Because a bug just fell out of my hair"

NOOOOO - OK- that just did me in! 

So I googled it to find out what to do and then frantically rip all the beds down.

And then we proceeded to wash all of the children's hair with poison. I am pretty sure we could have sprayed Raid on all their heads and gotten the same effect. Just without all the bubbles.





And after everything in the house was washed and all kids heads treated, as well as my own, 
I went to my bed and cried like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment