Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

{The complexities of the heart}

(You will have to turn off the music player at the bottom of the page first)

I have had a very heavy heart the last few days and have spent much time awake in the night asking God why our hearts have to be so complex. Why just a muscle can keep us alive, but when hurting....can make us feel as though we are dying inside.
There is so much that can be hard to understand about our hearts. And when my heart hurts the most there is only one place I find comfort. It is strange to experience true JOY, and at the same time have pain in my heart so intense it's hard to breathe.  
But at times like these, I lose myself most as I praise the One who is the source of my JoY. 
The words of this song have been replaying in my mind over and over...

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights, be my everything


These are the cries of my heart....

Take my heart, I lay it down
at the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I'm letting go
I lift it up to You who's throned


Worship is never about whether we feel great about everything going on in our life
and whether we can Praise God because we are just seriously SOOO BLESSED!

Worship is about praising God because God is worthy of our praise even when our life may be falling to pieces. That is when we are truly praising and worshiping, when our hearts are crying out to God. In the middle of our pain, praising the ONLY one worthy of praise!

You should see the view, when its only YOU!





Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it up to You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights, be my everything

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

You should see the view
When it’s only You

No comments:

Post a Comment