Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Thoughts about Christmas....


So I have been thinking a lot this year about why this Christmas has felt so different to me.
I have struggled to shop, not done any baking, and put half of my ornaments and Christmas decor out. Regardless of how hard I tried I could NOT get into my normal
Christmas hustle and bustle mode.


So I became very introspective, searching for meaning to this new
Ba-Humbug mood I was experiencing.
And as I finally forced myself to shop, (which by the way is my love language-I show love by giving gifts) I could not shake the absolutely miserable way I
was feeling.


For the FIRST time in my life I was HaTinG shopping!!!
Can you even imagine?
I know, me neither. But this was the case. And as I was reading the next morning still plagued for the reason behind it all, the answer came flooding in.

I realized there was NO
gift I could possibly give my children or anyone that could even come close to the GreAtest GIFT that has already been given 2000 yrs ago!
And for the first time in my life, I hated every tradition about Christmas that
did not put the focus on Christ ALONE!


I cringed at the thought of Christmas morning and everyone clamoring
to be the first to see what they got.
When we should be basking in the TRIUMPH of a GIFT
so magnificent that it transcends this temporary existence we call earth, and carries you into an abundant life in our REAL home!
Heaven with our LORD

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God
is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
He came for one purpose....
to die on a cross, And offer us a restored relationship with God!
This is the "Reason for the Season"
We are celebrating the greatest Gift mankind has ever known,
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay his life down for his friends" John 15:13

So this Christmas I will not wrap any gifts, or put any presents under the tree.
But instead....I will make very effort to share with my children
what
Christmas is
REALLY about.
About a sacrifice of Love!
A Gift that cannot compare with any other.
A Gift that is undeserved, and cannot be earned.
A Gift that sits wrapped, just waiting to be received!
Praise God, for He is good and His love endures Forever!!
Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment