Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What I HATE most...

I have been very puzzled and frankly troubled by the amount of hurt and Gossip going around lately. And with all the very influential TV shows now (IE. Gossip Girl, The hills, Sunset Tan etc) I am scared. I cannot figure out if people do not have enough hurt in their own lives that they need to create hurt for someone else, or if people just do not have a heart. Can we not see that Gossip does not lift people up to be better people because we are so consumed with tearing people down. And why does making someone else look bad make us look better, or justify us because someone else is stumbling. 

I look forward to the day when I turn on the TV and am inspired, not depressed by the news.  When people no longer thrive on stories of addicted stars just struggling to get by, but instead yearn for uplifting and empowering examples of everyday people with such love that they are influencing and changing the world around them. 

Can you imagine what the world would be like if every ones response to conflict was LOVE first anger Never, and the Gossip you heard left you with goose bumps and a smile.

One person CAN change the world, anyone up for the challenge?

2 comments:

  1. AMEN sista! Thanks for being such an amazing friend. You always seem to uplift my spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the exact same thoughts so many times! This world is full of sin and it's so sad. We just have to try and be a light for Christ! :)

    ReplyDelete